Thursday 10 October 2013

2

After starting to actually use Maya it doesn't seem to feasible to make the tree AND a whole detailed room.
The leaves could be easily textured as a flat plane and duplicated, but positioning and the complex tree branches seem like a daunting task for a 6 week project. Instead I may focus on the house idea still, but maybe add another room or two. What makes this more feasible is the fact that if the house is for sale it won't actually have furniture. This means there is less objects and therefore I can make 3 or 4 rooms to make up for the items.



A good scene to show this is the pan of when they first move in:


The pan of the camera travels along the entirety of the house, showing all the rooms in a linear movement of the camera. I will probably have to make a hallway with the end wall chopped off to get the camera in. But this seems like a nice way to represent the setting of the house without having to make an entirely new scene of a complex tree and grass.

The doors would all have to line up perpendicular with the hallway for this to look as such.
Floor plan:

This could fit with my original idea of a long kitchen with the utensils on the wall. Since there is the children's room and the parents' room, they could be textured appropriately to match the scenario.
Looking at the room of the kids in the movie:


The cross-sectional wallpaper, still rustic in colour, is reminiscent of a typical human child's bedroom - vinyl stars. It should be easy enough to find a similar wallpaper texture.

Along with staple wood textures for walls/floor/beams etc. heres what I have so far:






I then drew a plane on Maya, created sections, and moved them to the desired arrangement. Then I extruded these edges up and gave them thickness.



The moving in process would involve boxes, sheets, hammer and nails, among other things. All of which I am intending to place in my composition. The kitchen was way too long going across the whole width so I made a separate room on the left. For an ensuite?


There seems to be a weird thing going on with the walls, they sometimes fade out like this example above. Ask about it next class?


A lot of the textures I downloaded have visible joins. I had to get the UV mapping precise to have these elephants match up. I really liked the cyan and gold texture above (2nd from last example) but it wasn't seamless :( Looking at more of my textures, about half of them aren't either. I will have to find new ones and make sure they are seamless. Else photoshop them.

No comments:

Post a Comment